Installation on Windows
- Download and install the latest MS Visual C++2008 Redistributable Package (x86).
- Download and install the latest installer (.exe) for simspark (usually in the penultimate version)
- Download and install the 0.6.5 installer (.exe) for rcssserver3d
- If you do not already have Ruby installed, download it. Tested with 1.9.0, 1.9.1 and 1.9.3.
- Restart Windows (you can Log off and Log in again instead). This step is not always required.
- Ensure that your PATH variable includes
Start->Control Panel->System->Advanced->Enviroment Variable)
- Enter in the installation directory, e.g.
C:\Program Files\rcssserver3d 0.6.5\bin
In version 0.6.5 of rcssserver3d, as downloaded from here, you may need to edit the rcssserver3d.cmd and other .cmd files to include the correct paths if you have problems running the simulator. This version assumes that environment variables are set for SPARK_DIR and RCSSSERVER3D_DIR (normally, the installers set these variables to correct values). You can set them as follows.
SET SPARK_DIR=C:\Program Files\simspark SET RCSSSERVER3D_DIR=C:\Program Files\rcssserver3d 0.6.5
SET SPARK_DIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\simspark SET RCSSSERVER3D_DIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\rcssserver3d 0.6.5
You can set these environment variables globally, or edit the .cmd files. Note that if you edit these files on Vista/Win7, you will be required to run your editor as an administrator, since these files reside within the program files folder.
Running a Simulation
Follow the instructions on Running a Simulation next to see a simulation in action.
NOTE Tested on Windows XP, Vista and 7 (x86 and x64 version). If you see errors, see Compilation_on_Windows#Problems and if you are still stuck, or believe this document contains errors, please notify the mailing list.
You can uninstall
rcssserver3d via the start menu or command line.
Start Menu->All Programs->simspark
Start Menu->All Programs->rcssserver3d 0.6.5
C:\Program Files\rcssserver3d 0.6.5\Uninstall.exe